Page 1 of 4

Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:18 pm
by Nerva
Salvete Omnes!

Filming Daughters of Rome kicked off last week end. A few long days and nights but the results look fantastic. It's off to Kerry next week end to film the invasion sequences. I suspect more of the same but the results should be worth it.

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:37 am
by tommyargue
Nice one Martin, Don't forget to bring a flask of soup and a good book. There's a lot of just sitting and waiting on film sets isn't there.

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 pm
by Nerva
tommyargue wrote:Nice one Martin, Don't forget to bring a flask of soup and a good book. There's a lot of just sitting and waiting on film sets isn't there.


It's unbelievable isn't it :roll: You stand around for about 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is spent constantly re-doing what you've just done :shock: It shocked me to see just how much work actually goes into producing a 30 second film clip.

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:36 pm
by tommyargue
Nerva wrote:
tommyargue wrote:Nice one Martin, Don't forget to bring a flask of soup and a good book. There's a lot of just sitting and waiting on film sets isn't there.


It's unbelievable isn't it :roll: You stand around for about 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is spent constantly re-doing what you've just done :shock: It shocked me to see just how much work actually goes into producing a 30 second film clip.


You know what makes it worse.... theres no garauntee it wont end up as a deleted scene on the dvd menu..... that totally sucks.

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:06 pm
by Nerva
tommyargue wrote:
Nerva wrote:You know what makes it worse.... theres no garauntee it wont end up as a deleted scene on the dvd menu..... that totally sucks.


Once they get a look at my fat little chops you can be sure it'll end up in the out-takes :lol:

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:34 pm
by tommyargue
Thats it, straight to the deleted scenes for me... lol and no showing your arse to the camera ya dirty bugger.. :lol:

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:48 pm
by Nerva
Salvete Omnes!

We'll we're just back from Kerry. Filming all week end on Derrynane beech, what a beautiful location. The Romans finally got to invade Ireland and give the Celts a bad day :D Can't wait to see the results of all those Celts eating sand :D :D :D

Valete!

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:27 pm
by Dave Mooney
Don't worry lads, they don't hang around long.

Roman's go the house!

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 pm
by Nerva
Dave Mooney wrote: Roman's go the house!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Filming Daughters of Rome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:59 pm
by Ambiorix apsealgair
yeah, well we just got to play in the sand drawing lovely pictures, while ye were invading, no wonder ye invaded so easily ;)
some of the scenes look well, seen some last weekend. must say im impressed