How does your Group operate

Moderator: the_power

Re: How does your Group operate

Postby gobae on Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Do you guys have a cap on the quantity of members?

No, nothing specific. But I can easily imagine that our group might split up if there were enough members interested in a specific time period, or located in close proximity to each other.

are there are those who think your ways elitist? or at least seperatist?

I know some of the other Celtic groups in our general area have called us "hardcore". We also get numerous compliments from those groups too, so I guess we're doing something right and they don't mean it in a derogatory fashion.

We're certainly not separatist though. We regularly post information about our research and projects to the other Celtic groups' forums and e-lists. We also offer workshops on making things like: bows, querns, spears, ghillies, slings, looms, etc, that are open to them as well.

but I also suppose each to their own. If it works well stick with it.

So far, so good. We're learning new skills, building stuff, and having fun!
gobae
Full Name: Dan Crowther

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:48 pm

It appears that all groups do have a critical mass that a split will eventually take place as groups at the start have dynamic figures that bring the group forward but as others come on board with the ground work being done and the foundations already in place then others voices come to be heard this is a good thing in most instances and when groups fragment if good relations can be maintained then it can be positive. However if relationships are not good then it can be destructive to all and no one wins in the end, whether it be reenacting, football, line dancing this is the way of the world, personally I just ignore the rantings and ravings off disaffected paranoid people and say little now in any instances of a flare up.

I think that H has raised an interesting thread and I have enjoyed reading it, although I am puzzled about your reaction to Nerva's question and would you if possible clarify your position as it appears to be out of character from the rest of your posts on this forum. Pm if you choose to do so. Other than that I wish you all the best in your reenacting. In fact I wish everyone that contributes in a postive manner to this forum every success in your events to come in the forthcoming months ahead and look forward to meeting you all at some stage.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby the_power on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 pm

To make a clarification on the rules of the forum;

People are expected to be nice.

People are expected to behave.

Anonymity is allowed under duress, but you may not hide behind anonymity to needle others and bring the hobby into disrepute. "H", feel free to sign up with your real name. This account is being deleted.

John
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Previous

Return to General Chat