Clontarf Plans and Ideas.

Moderator: the_power

Re: Clontarf Plans and Ideas.

Postby knightofredemption on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 am

That has to be the best summery of anything ever :lol:
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby martynm on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 pm

brendan wrote:I met a bunch of people and got a bunch of ideas together but after doing and early draft didnt get much feedback so lost interest a bit...I will get back to it one of these days.

The short summary is: Something (or a few somethings) will happen. It is unlikely that a mega-event scale thing will happen, but if it did there are loads of good ideas as to how it should happen

Brendan

SO WHEN ARE WE GETTING IT STARTED??? IT HAS TO BEGIN SOMEWHERE?
WE'VE DONE ALL THE RESEARCH? AND THE GROUND WORK? AND ALL THAT HAS TO BE DONE? Give us a WAR!!! 8-) :twisted:
IT"S WHAT I DO !
martynm
Full Name: martynm

Postby Seathrun on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Also wondering how the plans are going. We were at a small event last week, 12k reenactors, lol. Several people asked if I knew of plans.
Seth
http://www.ravensborg.org/
Trí labra ata ferr túa: ochán ríg do chath, sreth immais, molad iar lúag.
Three speeches that are better than silence: inciting a king to battle,spreading knowledge, praise after reward.
Seathrun
Active Newbie
Full Name: Seathrun (Seth)

Postby martynm on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am

i've been tryin to get an answer to that one for a while my friend! but dont be surprised if its stage'd in England somewhere! before they get around to it over here!! there's been lots of invstigation into the feasability of it? and Brendan and Dave Moo done some ground work! and i think all areas have been covered? and Ian Barber took part in constructing a model somewhere of the Battle? and there are SUPPOSED to be plans affot to stage it ! but again they get around to Pulling the Finger out? which is Firmly embedded up their collective Arse's? We'll All be Dead anyway and it wont matter a toss !!

so i Want to see Clontarf get going ! but we must debate it some more! [sigh !] i wonder if Boru Had this much Crap to contend with? Martyn ;Cu-Glas/Hospitaller
FKoR Battles Abroad 8-)
IT"S WHAT I DO !
martynm

Postby Dave Mooney on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I've been contacted by the guy running it in Clontarf and he's very interest in the fact we've been at least thinking about it. He, like some of us, is interested in a grand scheme with plenty of lead up events and cross pollination between groups and disciplines etc, I've got a contact in Shannon Development is running with the banner there and is to set up a meeting about what can be done in the West as a build up to it, and then slot into the Eastern scheme of things. That should be in the next few weeks.

I'll post more as stuff develops. We'll have to wait for the Malta gang to return before Bren can be helped sort the research into something worthy to circulate between interested parties.

Basically it'll be T minus Year 4= Lay a 3 year plan, Year 3, 2, and 1 implement that plan.

Dave.
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby martynm on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:01 pm

I love Dave Mooney :lol: !! SO NOW THERE YA ARE? 8-)
IT"S WHAT I DO !
martynm

Postby Dave Mooney on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Cheers Martin but there's no credit to be taken yet. This is something we're all going to have to work at, and together on. That gent came to me, but he was in general round up mode, and I'd say he's contacted others. Thing is let him manage his thing his way but let us try have an influence, give advice etc. Everybody will get a crack at doing what they do at their interest level over the next few years and hopefully on the occasion itself.

As for the Shannon Development thing, yeah, I'm working on them and have two allies on the inside.

One thing's for sure, all the boasts ever made about gigs in this country in the past will mean nothing if we balls this one up. This is both a national and international event and the streets are watching!
Dave Mooney.
Mogh Roith- Historical Living History Group. http://moghroith.org
Dave Mooney
Active Newbie
Full Name: Dave Mooney

Postby Seathrun on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 am

Yeah, Count me in on the Dal Cais side.
Seth
Seathrun
Active Newbie
Full Name: Seathrun (Seth)

Postby martynm on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am

i hear ye dave! its goin to take a concerted effort on our behalf! but as you say we have some good peeps working on it ! and it will happen! Jaysus im all nicy nicy here latley? :lol: is it the Malta thing? lol 8-)
IT"S WHAT I DO !
martynm

Postby brendan on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:57 pm

On the plus side: Everyone in the Irish reenactment community who has an interest in the time period wants it to happen.

On the minus side: There are a limited number of people/groups capable of making it happen, and it has been quite some time since they have worked together on anything

It should happen. It could happen. Something will definitely happen. The only question is whether that 'Something' is everything a Clontarf event should be, or whether it is a compromise.

Brendan
PS> Yeah, I did go around and talk to a bunch of people a year or more ago, and there was a bunch of information in it, but having drafted some of it up I realised that no-one was going to read it
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat