Clontarf Plans and Ideas.

Moderator: the_power

Re: Clontarf Plans and Ideas.

Postby knightofredemption on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm

Well I'm kinda fed up with being the bad guy, :D But insults and name calling do contravene the clearly laid out rules of the forum. So on that basis one of us needs to moderate the post....
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham

Postby nathan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 pm

everyone just relax we are all grown ups and we can get over it. i dont want to open up a can of worms on this. so please get back to the much more important issue of planning clontarf because if we dont set aside our differences itll make it a unnecessarily hard to do :D . so anyone have any good ideas for it?
for here starts war carrion birds sing, and grey wolves howl
nathan
Active Newbie
Full Name: nathan featherstone

Postby brendan on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 am

I have talked to a bunch of people already. There are a lot of good ideas and they vary wildly in terms of the scale and scope of what people want/expect.

There are a few more people I want to try and talk to in the next week or so but have started to compile the results. If nothing else it will provide a focal point for any further discussions.

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Postby wolfshead on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:31 am

I myself would be delighted to be standing on a field re-enacting the Battle of Clontarf, especially if it was to be turned into a park later (Nice idea, Dave, like it! We can only hope).

I agree with the whole traders/stalls being set apart from the field (it only makes sense, simply from a crowd control point of view). A living history camp for each opposing force would be nice, maybe even a longship or three on a beach, if thats where we end up doing it (any idea of locations yet??). Could it be set up like a Progression?? Somehow the idea of doin' this as a build up to the Main Event 4 times during the year appeals to me.....or am I just addicted to smacking people with bits o' metal?? (Answers on a postcard, please).

As to race/side, as we all know (apart from Nathan, apparently! :twisted: Only kiddin' Nathan! Don't hit me!!!) there were Irish and Vike on both sides....which leaves me as a Scot playing the Hiberno/Celt card wondering where I'll be standing. As some know, I've played the Mercenary card many times over the years, so the supplier of the largest hoard of Chocolate Coins will get me on their side!! Ah, bribery and corruption, wonderful stuff.

Oh, and Mertyn. Behave yersel' or I'll gie ye such a spankin! :evil:
"Have Broadsword, will travel!"

Now, after 'tagel, aka Mary, the Chocolate Chip Scotsman
wolfshead
Full Name: A.E.McCormick

Postby brendan on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:42 am

Oh, and Mertyn. Behave yersel' or I'll gie ye such a spankin!

Hey Andy, what happens in Leitrim stays in Leitrim... :shock:

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie

Postby redneckjedi on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Hey all.

If you are still looking for bodies to field I guess I might be able to finish my kit by 2014 :roll: I missed the Hastings event so I really would be upset if I missed this one too... Short of some horrible accident befalling me I plan on being there so I would like to help if I can. I know you guys are well capable of knocking out a spectacular event... One suggestion if I may (this may have already been brought up) maybe try to keep most of the LH area out of eyeshot of the MOPs. Nothing like immersing yourself in history only to look up and see a McDonald's sign towering over you... :x

Cheers
redneckjedi
Full Name: Gary C. Morris

Postby claimhteoir on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:18 pm

I think I'll wait on the sidelines and after the Dal gCais have slaughtered the Vikings, I'm gonna kick the shit out of the Dal gCais. That's the way it should be. :lol:
claimhteoir
Active Newbie
Full Name: None Set

Postby Seathrun on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:11 pm

claimhteoir wrote:I think I'll wait on the sidelines and after the Dal gCais have slaughtered the Vikings, I'm gonna kick the shit out of the Dal gCais. That's the way it should be. :lol:

Smiles cant wait to see this. :lol: I will save a few swings for you.
Seth
http://www.ravensborg.org/
Trí labra ata ferr túa: ochán ríg do chath, sreth immais, molad iar lúag.
Three speeches that are better than silence: inciting a king to battle,spreading knowledge, praise after reward.
Seathrun
Active Newbie
Full Name: Seathrun (Seth)

Postby sineadollie on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:17 am

hi all, where are we at for the clontaf plans?
sineadollie
Full Name: sinead redmond

Postby brendan on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:23 am

I met a bunch of people and got a bunch of ideas together but after doing and early draft didnt get much feedback so lost interest a bit...I will get back to it one of these days.

The short summary is: Something (or a few somethings) will happen. It is unlikely that a mega-event scale thing will happen, but if it did there are loads of good ideas as to how it should happen

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat