livinghistory.ie to close

Moderator: the_power

livinghistory.ie to close

Postby the_power on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 am

Hey guys. After many years, I'm gonna let the site slide. I've paid the fifty quid a year domain fee (and hosting charges) for the last decade, but I no longer have time to either look after the site or even read it, to be honest.

If anyone wants to take over the domain & site, let me know. Otherwise, I'll let it die at the end of the month. There is a lot of useful content there. If someone wants to take a copy to host it somewhere, that's cool.

John
the_power
Active Newbie
Full Name: John Looney

Re: livinghistory.ie to close

Postby Stephen Curtin on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Sad news John, but not completely unexpected. I check in here almost daily but must admit that I hardly ever have anything interesting to post. I suspect that same goes for a lot of members. Anyways thanks for hosting the site for as long as you did.
Stephen Curtin
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stephen Curtin

Postby finnobreanan on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:21 am

John,
As we have discussed before, it is clear that the site is no longer being used as it shoul be. I deeply regret your decission, but I totally understand.
For those interested in 16th century Ireland Living History, please send me a request to join our American fb group: Caislean na Cnamha. You can find us at https://www.facebook.com/scott.cross.73 ... 801819891/
Just send me a PM and introduce yourself, since we are a closed group.

Finntain O'Breannan.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:43 pm

best wishes and many thanks for all ur efforts regards mairtin
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Return to General Chat