Livestock at gigs

Moderator: the_power

Livestock at gigs

Postby sabrewolfe on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:56 am

Im curious on what people think about having small domestic livestock as part of a living history display at gigs.
For my sins I have 8 chickens that happily destroy my back garden and im wondering how well it would look to have a few chickens knocking about in an enclosed area as part of a living history display. I reckon it would be easy enough to do a few wattle panels or hurdles that would keep them enclosed, it would mean people couldnt handle them or dogs on site get at them but they would still be happily able to wander a bit and scratch around for food and provide a few fresh eggs for kitchen display.

What do people more hastle than its worth or would it look good?
Attachments
hylinej.JPG
hylinej.JPG (6.29 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Monkey The Medic (EMT)
An Fáinne Fiá­in

Need a free Medic or First Aider for your gig check out http://sites.google.com/site/sabre151/monkeymedical
Trauma Junkie "Its not that I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you are"
sabrewolfe
Active Newbie
Full Name: Paul Brangan

Re: Livestock at gigs

Postby finnobreanan on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Paul,

Back when I used to do American Civil War, there were several ocassions where not only did some of the boys bring chickens to the event, but they also killed, buthchered, cooked, and ate them. The killing and butchering did not take place in front of spectators, for obvious reasons. In general terms, I think having livestock adds to the historical accuracy and feel of the past.
Finn O'Breanan
Wood Kerne

"...The O'Brennans, a sept of thieves without any right or title, ... were a perpetual disturbance to the peace of the county,"
finnobreanan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Scott Cross

Return to General Chat