Need some help here

Moderator: the_power

Re: Need some help here

Postby Garry O Brien on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:57 am

Lads, I will be at the Cork Gaol show next weekend, I do NOT sell replica weapons.
I do sell uniforms medals and badges, I will have Irish German and British uniforms at the Cork city Gaol Military show next Saturday and Sunday ,August 10 and 11.
Garry O Brien
Full Name: garry O' Brien

Postby Nerva on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 pm

All,

As in previous years the Gardaí will be in attendance at next week ends Cork City Military Show. Both the Gardaí and the organisers require all weapons to be permitted. The Gardaí and the organisers can, and will ask to see firearm certificates. Do not expect to be able to purchase anything other than toy weapons at the show.

If you have questions relating to firearm certificates then please see here http://www.garda.ie/Search.aspx?Search=firearm+certificates or contact the Gardai directly on 1800 666111.

Regards,

Martin.
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Postby Warfreak4290 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Ignore this response, for it has been subjugated as of today.
Last edited by Warfreak4290 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott

Postby Warfreak4290 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Well gentlemen, I've met with Con, and from here things are looking good. I've given him my name and number, and now all I gotta do is wait out 6 to 8 months before he calls. For now, the WW2 Club have ceased recruiting, but they'll start up again within the New Year, and I hope that's when I'll be getting the call. On a side note, I now know what I've been wanting to know, and what I know now is that I don't have to buy a deactivated firearm unless I really want to. It's all clear to me now; Con will be providing the live firearms for the demonstrations, whereas the guns being carried around by off-duty re-enactors are, in fact, deactivated firearms. Now, in a change of mind, I've decided to play the part of an American soldier. I already have a helmet, so what I need now is for someone to lay out the rest of the items needed for an American uniform.
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:37 pm

that is good news.... hopefully all turns out well for you , happy re-enacting.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby Warfreak4290 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:49 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:that is good news.... hopefully all turns out well for you , happy re-enacting.

Thanks. The best part though is that I can finally relax again. I've done all I can do, now I just have to wait. And what better way than playing some PGR3? But seriously, this is some good news indeed. And above all else, my autism was of no concern to him. Get in, come on!
Warfreak4290

Postby Warfreak4290 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:04 pm

It's a good thing I can relax, after yesterday's meeting passed off successfully. However, now is the time to be honest. While I've got 6-8 months to think this out before making a decision, I am unsure as to whether play the part of a German or American soldier. Wearing a German uniform would not only be uncomfortable (they're made of wool, the whole bloody lot), it would also be risky for obvious reasons. And while the Americans are genuinely crowd favourites (as I saw at the Cork show on Sunday), and also while it's easier to obtain American uniform and equipment, I just feel that it would be too easy. I don't know! Both sides have good looking uniforms and the like. It's just that choosing is the hard part.
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Do what will make you happy or save and in time do both as lots of people do, and hopefully you will be able to join your group next year and participate fully in the events and learn more and impart knowledge to others. Best wishes and enjoy.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Previous

Return to General Chat