Need some help here

Moderator: the_power

Re: Need some help here

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 pm

replica k98 that fires about 400 , replica mg42 that fires does not exist , replica mp40 does exist costs 1100 euros . if you see garry he will help you if not I will bring some stuff to salute and do you a deal in the uniform depending upon your size
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
User avatar
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: ireland
Karma: 7

Re: Need some help here

Postby Warfreak4290 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:replica k98 that fires about 400 , replica mg42 that fires does not exist , replica mp40 does exist costs 1100 euros . if you see garry he will help you if not I will bring some stuff to salute and do you a deal in the uniform depending upon your size

:shock: In that case, I'll settle for a K98. Now, my uniform size would ideally be an XXL, but it might be an XL. I won't agree to anything until I see your stuff. Looking forward to meeting you there.
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
User avatar
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Karma: 0

Re: Need some help here

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 pm

lol, you wont get a blank firer into roi ..... unfortunately my stuff is medium large , however if you log into www.panzergrenadier.net you might pick up a larger size..... however postal costs will push your expenditure up substantially , best stick with garry
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
User avatar
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: ireland
Karma: 7

Re: Need some help here

Postby Warfreak4290 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:lol, you wont get a blank firer into roi ..... unfortunately my stuff is medium large , however if you log into http://www.panzergrenadier.net you might pick up a larger size..... however postal costs will push your expenditure up substantially , best stick with garry

Tell me about deactivated firearms. I know they can't be fired ever again, but what good will that do in a WWII demonstration? If I can't use a blank firing gun in the State, then what am I supposed to do?
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
User avatar
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Karma: 0

Re: Need some help here

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I didn't say you ccant use a blank firing gun , you need to speak to your local garda and find out any restrictions, also if you buy de acts you need a transportation document if importing into state , best advice is to speak to gardai
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
User avatar
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: ireland
Karma: 7

Re: Need some help here

Postby Warfreak4290 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:I didn't say you ccant use a blank firing gun , you need to speak to your local garda and find out any restrictions, also if you buy de acts you need a transportation document if importing into state , best advice is to speak to gardai

Yeah yeah, I'll get the paperwork and Gardaí business done with. What I'm focusing on here is the use of a deactivated weapon in a living history group. Whats the worth in buying a deactivated K98 if it can't fire like the other guns? Please, explain to me why I should buy a rifle off you (after dealing with getting the licence, and transport permit for it)
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
User avatar
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Karma: 0

Re: Need some help here

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:26 pm

you don't have to buy one of me as you can find other sellers in roi, ni or the uk there are ample suppliers , what I am saying also is that you have a rational choice, guns live fire are dangerous weapons and must be responsibility cared for , I avoid personally myself having any live fire weapons as they don't interest me , de acts are fine for displays and pose less of a hazard , and are easier to get , its personal choice what ever you go for.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
User avatar
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: ireland
Karma: 7

Re: Need some help here

Postby Warfreak4290 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:you don't have to buy one of me as you can find other sellers in roi, ni or the uk there are ample suppliers , what I am saying also is that you have a rational choice, guns live fire are dangerous weapons and must be responsibility cared for , I avoid personally myself having any live fire weapons as they don't interest me , de acts are fine for displays and pose less of a hazard , and are easier to get , its personal choice what ever you go for.

Mmph, its quite a tough choice to make. Purchase either a live firearm or a dead one......I suppose a deactive firearm would pose less risk, and the law does not classify it as a working weapon. Problem is, I'll be left with a decoy P38 and a dead K98. Maybe the group I'm joining has a sharing option, or reserve firearms........I'll ask at the Cork show next week. Now, you said I didn't have to go to you for a gun. Yeah, the thing is I don't know anywhere in Cork that sells deactive guns. That in itself is an inconvenience, as it means I'll have to go to you to make that particular business deal.

Having taken a moment's thought, I'll settle for one of your dead K98s, or anything else you've got. It's less of a hazard, like you said, and I'll get in less trouble with the Gardaí/Dept of Justice than I would with a live firearm. I'll still be needing an ownership licence/transport permit for it though, right?
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
User avatar
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Karma: 0

Re: Need some help here

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:18 pm

ask what ever group you are with for advice first .. use that as a template get your uniform sorted out first or at least go along with what ever group you are wanting to join , find out if you enjoy it before you commit to purchasing anything would be my advice
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
User avatar
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: ireland
Karma: 7

Re: Need some help here

Postby Warfreak4290 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:ask what ever group you are with for advice first .. use that as a template get your uniform sorted out first or at least go along with what ever group you are wanting to join , find out if you enjoy it before you commit to purchasing anything would be my advice

I know. I'm just making things up as I go along.
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
User avatar
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 pm
Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Karma: 0

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron