Need some help here

Moderator: the_power

Re: Need some help here

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:59 pm

yes there is or even if you contact garry o brien he is going there and he will be best placed to help you with advice ,

there is a bus that goes direct to swords salute show grounds from the main station in central Dublin , even contact sean Curtis on the link that I posted to you , I think also martin mcaree on here also known as nerva on this forum is going ..... he lives in cork and is a really decent fellow I would suggest you could contact him as he and his lads will be going and martin is the type of man that would help you if he could and I hold him in high respect and esteem.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby Warfreak4290 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:yes there is or even if you contact garry o brien he is going there and he will be best placed to help you with advice ,

there is a bus that goes direct to swords salute show grounds from the main station in central Dublin , even contact sean Curtis on the link that I posted to you , I think also martin mcaree on here also known as nerva on this forum is going ..... he lives in cork and is a really decent fellow I would suggest you could contact him as he and his lads will be going and martin is the type of man that would help you if he could and I hold him in high respect and esteem.

I've spoken with Martin a few times on here. He's a sound guy, very helpful. He even helped me secure a meeting with a group who I hope to join. I always had a feeling there'd be a bus to the show direct from Heuston. The Swords Express, I assume?
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:39 pm

there is a guy called colm doyle on here not sure what his name is on here ie as in screen name he has a few germans that display with him he is a good guy and cool to deal with, there is also battle group south speak to either joe o toole or Justin horgan I don't think you could go wrong with either grouping they do what they do best
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:there is a guy called colm doyle on here not sure what his name is on here ie as in screen name he has a few germans that display with him he is a good guy and cool to deal with, there is also battle group south speak to either joe o toole or Justin horgan I don't think you could go wrong with either grouping they do what they do best

I've got the group thing sorted out, don't worry about that. I can say with certainty that Battlegroup South won't have me, and I think I know why. There's something I've never really told anyone on this forum, despite having opened a thread about it some time ago. I've got high functioning autism, and that was the reason that prevented BGS from letting me join. I'm desperately hoping this won't stop the Brandenburg Commandos from taking me on, I'm going to meet them in Cork at the Gaol show, they're the group I'm applying to join.

Now, back to the main topic. The bus from Heuston to the Show Centre, that's the Swords Express, I assume?
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:14 am

I do hope you find your niche in whatever you wish to do, as I said contact garry , or martin or even on face book the salute show and ask them advice on travel , or go into cork and ask at the station for the route plan and times for swords after you get the exact location from the face book link I sent to you and that way you can pan according to your needs. each group has it's own criteria for membership and you have to respect their decisions in their membership process as you will find your own niche, also you don't have to belong to a group if you do not wish to it is a personal choice and many tend to do their own thing.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:I do hope you find your niche in whatever you wish to do, as I said contact garry , or martin or even on face book the salute show and ask them advice on travel , or go into cork and ask at the station for the route plan and times for swords after you get the exact location from the face book link I sent to you and that way you can pan according to your needs. each group has it's own criteria for membership and you have to respect their decisions in their membership process as you will find your own niche, also you don't have to belong to a group if you do not wish to it is a personal choice and many tend to do their own thing.

I hope so too mate, with my condition not many would be initially happy to take me. I'll respect whatever decision they make, but as is natural, I pray that they will have me. I really am quite interested in this stuff, and to not be a part of it would disappoint me. Ok then, I'll go to Facebook, ask them how to get there. Thanks for telling me dude, I'm looking forward to it.
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

you are welcome if I can help you I will, others also on here will help you in trying to make good decisions and to partake in the re-enactment society in Ireland people in general are nice but you are welcome to come to my display at salute say hello and get the jist of things and if I can help introduce you to any one that can help them it would be a pleasure to you, we all have to start of some where, I will be doing an irish volunteers display and lecturing at salute, one of the many I have done around Ireland and the uk this year and it's always nice to meet new and enthuastic people.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Now, on a more important note, could someone list the required items of my German uniform from highest price to lowest?
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 pm

tunic = 75 euro new
trousers = 50 euro new
shirt new 30 euro
insignia lassh collar tabs , cuff title and arm eagle 25 euro
boots size 10 used 45 euro to 60 euro
belt and buckle 30 euro
bread bag 20 euro
water bottle 70 to 80 euro with cup straps and cover , without all 30 euro
gas mask canister with gas mask 100 euro with out 70 euro
bayonet with carrier 120 euro good condition one
pouches repro 30 euro k98
helmets 80to 100 euro decals 10 euro for set
m43 ski cap 20 euro
mess tin repro with strap 20 euro , original 40 euro
smock 80 euro ,
helmet cover 25 euro
p38 repro denix 100 euro
k98 de act 500 euro with strap cleaning rod and perhaps site lug
p38 holster 35 euro
y straps 35 euro to 40 euro
gaitors 20 euro

these are approx. prices

I have any number of these however deacts u need to get transport authorisation from dept ofjustice from uk or n Ireland and written garda approval ,
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:tunic = 75 euro new
trousers = 50 euro new
shirt new 30 euro
insignia lassh collar tabs , cuff title and arm eagle 25 euro
boots size 10 used 45 euro to 60 euro
belt and buckle 30 euro
bread bag 20 euro
water bottle 70 to 80 euro with cup straps and cover , without all 30 euro
gas mask canister with gas mask 100 euro with out 70 euro
bayonet with carrier 120 euro good condition one
pouches repro 30 euro k98
helmets 80to 100 euro decals 10 euro for set
m43 ski cap 20 euro
mess tin repro with strap 20 euro , original 40 euro
smock 80 euro ,
helmet cover 25 euro
p38 repro denix 100 euro
k98 de act 500 euro with strap cleaning rod and perhaps site lug
p38 holster 35 euro
y straps 35 euro to 40 euro
gaitors 20 euro

these are approx. prices

I have any number of these however deacts u need to get transport authorisation from dept ofjustice from uk or n Ireland and written garda approval ,

Oohh, that looks indefinitely pricey. And you're saying most of this stuff can be bought at the Cork show? Also, I'm not seeking deactivated firearms at this time. What I need right now is a replica of either a K98, MP40 or MG42 that can fire blank rounds. If you know where I can acquire any one of these arms, please let me know.
Warfreak4290

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat