Need some help here

Moderator: the_power

Need some help here

Postby Warfreak4290 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Hi guys. Listen, I'm going to be joining a WWII living history group soon, and I need a lot of help here. Firstly, I have to know if it's possible to obtain German WWII militaria without having to travel to the UK to buy both a uniform and a weapon. Secondly, I need a list of things to buy to complete the uniform of a US Airborne paratrooper or a German Waffen-SS soldier. Thirdly, if anyone here knows of a WWII militaria stockist in or near Cork City, then please tell me where I can find it. Lastly, I need to know if it's compulsory to have a sidearm, so I can get a licence for it from the Gardaí. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
Warfreak4290
Full Name: Richard Philpott

Re: Need some help here

Postby enfieldd on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:04 am

The WWII Livinghistory group you are about to join will advise you. Repro gear will be available to purchase at the Cork show. The different clubs will tell you what you kit you need. You should also be able to buy 'imitation 'holster fillers' at the show. If you want to get a firearm you must first talk you your local Garda Superintendent and he will take it from there. All firearms at shows must have a permit or a licence, its the law.
enfieldd
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:15 pm

either use garry o brien on here who is a real decent lad , or I can sell you what ever you need , if you need a k98 de act I have several however you need to get a dept of justice transport permit and also permission from your inspector as I have a full spare uniform , I pick these up and sell from time to time, if you are going to salute I will be there , however if needed urgently I suggest garry o brien . .

you need to decide what you want

helmet , cap , tunic trousers , insignia , water bottle , ammo pouches, boots , shirt , bread bag , bayonet and frog , gas mask canister shovel ,belt and buckle . cammo smock .
k98 de act and p38 replica denix ( the latter two k98 you need dept of justice travel permit and approval of guarda inspector , p38 you need to ask same inspector as to legality of having this ) if you buy weapons from me you need to travel to north to collect as I can sell legally to any one over 18 in north of ireland but cannot vend in the roi

I have all these which I sell from time to time
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:17 pm

nb I also have a boot knife as used by us airborne , you need to be over 18 to purchase
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 pm

enfieldd wrote:The WWII Livinghistory group you are about to join will advise you. Repro gear will be available to purchase at the Cork show. The different clubs will tell you what you kit you need. You should also be able to buy 'imitation 'holster fillers' at the show. If you want to get a firearm you must first talk you your local Garda Superintendent and he will take it from there. All firearms at shows must have a permit or a licence, its the law.

I don't know. I've been to the Cork show twice, and all I've seen is repro US Army modern gear. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. As for these imitation holster fillers, I assume they'll take the shape of a pistol handle?
He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright, he checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight. He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar. You ain't gonna jump no more!
Warfreak4290

Postby Warfreak4290 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:either use garry o brien on here who is a real decent lad , or I can sell you what ever you need , if you need a k98 de act I have several however you need to get a dept of justice transport permit and also permission from your inspector as I have a full spare uniform , I pick these up and sell from time to time, if you are going to salute I will be there , however if needed urgently I suggest garry o brien . .

you need to decide what you want

helmet , cap , tunic trousers , insignia , water bottle , ammo pouches, boots , shirt , bread bag , bayonet and frog , gas mask canister shovel ,belt and buckle . cammo smock .
k98 de act and p38 replica denix ( the latter two k98 you need dept of justice travel permit and approval of guarda inspector , p38 you need to ask same inspector as to legality of having this ) if you buy weapons from me you need to travel to north to collect as I can sell legally to any one over 18 in north of ireland but cannot vend in the roi

I have all these which I sell from time to time

This "salute" you mentioned.......is that the Cork show? As for garry, how can I find him on here?
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 pm

salute is a show held in swords just outside Dublin , also the north star is a good place to get equipment

however garry o brien is a good spud known as irish volunteer on here , let him know I gave you his details ,

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4855
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:salute is a show held in swords just outside Dublin , also the north star is a good place to get equipment

however garry o brien is a good spud known as irish volunteer on here , let him know I gave you his details ,

http://www.livinghistory.ie/memberlist. ... ile&u=4855

I've friended garry, getting to him now shouldn't be a problem. And salute is in swords eh? I can get up there easy, train from Cork, Luas to Swords and I'm there. When's it on?
Warfreak4290

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:09 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/4088981 ... l_activity

this should help you , it is a decent enough show and I have attended most years , easy going relaxed and nice people attending
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie

Postby Warfreak4290 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Na Fianna Éireann wrote:https://www.facebook.com/events/408898189221340/411403525637473/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

this should help you , it is a decent enough show and I have attended most years , easy going relaxed and nice people attending

Sounds like a grand show, now seeing as I learned that there is no Luas to Swords, how could I get to the Show Centre? Is there a bus or something I can take?
Warfreak4290

Next

Return to General Chat