The situation of Irish re-enactment today

Moderator: the_power

Re: The situation of Irish re-enactment today

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 pm

I think people should do what makes them happy and if it works good, I do a few shows in Ireland however I find going to the UK gives a greater perspective on re enactment living history as there are larger societies that by now have realised that you don't have to compete with each other just do what you do best and stick to that. So if it makes you happy do it and if not don't do it....... it's just so much easier.
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby wolfvine on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Greetings my friends.

Hi Malo.
Please don't waste your time getting upset with the state of Irish re-enactment because that's all you will be doing, is wasting your time and being upset. Re-enactors in this country do and will continue to do their own thing regardless of how you feel. A few attempts have been made in the past to organise this perplexing interest of ours but to no avail. We have tried to raise the training standards, promote group insurance, and an umbrella group to protect against areas such as various Government bodies potential interference with our hobby. There is a whole list of stuff a lot of us have tried to do, we were also accused of being re-enactment police and trying to take over the Hobby. In the end I came to realise that I was dealing with a collection of individuals who won't be told and always have to find out stuff the hard way. There is also the politics which can be very nasty and has been in the past. All I can say to you is this, you do your own thing, play with the people you want to play with and remember why you re-enact.
All the best
Wolfvine.
wolfvine
Active Newbie
Full Name: Sean Shields

Postby Nerva on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Spot on Sean!
Vale

Marcvs Vlpius Nerva

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Pilus Prior Cohors VIII Legionis XX Valeria Victrix

http://www.romanarmy.ie

info@romanarmy.ie

nerva@romanarmy.ie
Nerva
Active Newbie
Full Name: Martin McAree

Location: Corcagia, Hibernia Pronvincia - Cork, Ireland, to you Barbarians!

Previous

Return to General Chat