Re-enactor Guns.

Moderator: the_power

Re-enactor Guns.

Postby Mayo on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Can someone tell me what is being fired from re-enactors guns that make them look like they are firing real shots? I've asked numerous times on different sites and I still have not got an answer. How are people supposed in get involved in this great hobby if we don't know what kind of weapons to look for and where to get them???

I would have thought that this is one of the first questions that people who are interested in the hobby would like answered... yet I can't find any information on this subject on this site???
Mayo
Full Name: Brendan Hughes

Re: Re-enactor Guns.

Postby Mayo on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Mary mother of God... it would be easier buy a DeLorean and go back in time and raid an RIC Barracks for real guns, than to get information on what reenactors are using for imitation weapons that go bang and where they to source them.

I make joke :-)

Come on lads - help a fellow out who wants to start a 1913-1923 Historical Re-enactment group in the 'Whest' of Ireland???
Mayo

Postby lightbringer on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 pm

The rifles used are either blank fire only or live ones using blank ammo. My advice would be join a group because you will also need public liability insurance. If you want to have your own group fair enough, but ,be warned, running a group is hard work, as I have found out myself. :)
You're losing,you're losing,you're losing your vitamin C, vitamin C

www.heavenandhell.org.uk
lightbringer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Michael Rother

Postby Mayo on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks for replying. I will start off small. I just want a handful of dedicated people to get the group up and running. I'd like to join a group and learn the ropes but there are no groups in this part of Ireland at all.

Not interested in real guns as such. Where can I source blank fire only rifles? Also, Where can I source blank fire pistol and revolvers?
Mayo

Postby enfieldd on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Your local firearms officer is the man you should ask about them.
enfieldd
Active Newbie
Full Name: Tom Burnell

Postby lightbringer on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Allof our blokes come from every part of Ireland, and we get together for events. If I was you I would get involved with some groups. By its nature reenacting will always involve travel, that's just the way it is. because if you are part of a group which Has dealt with the Gardai you are sorted.
You're losing,you're losing,you're losing your vitamin C, vitamin C

www.heavenandhell.org.uk
lightbringer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Michael Rother

Postby brendan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am

You are reinventing the wheel by starting from scratch. At the very least go and meet up with some people who are doing the same era that you plan to.

In terms of firearms contact one of the groups that deals with this and talk to them. Talk to your firearms officer.
I will repeat here that it is not allowed to try to buy and sell firearms on this site.

Brendan
brendan
Active Newbie
Full Name: Brendan Griffin

Return to General Chat