Westland Crafts

Moderator: the_power

Re: Westland Crafts

Postby Julia on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Julia here - owner of Garb the World. I have the same dilemma. I was thrilled to find shoes to resell, but would rather support local artisans. I decided to counter the international imports with trying to promote more local artisans, and have started seeking them out (more info http://www.garbtheworld.com/pgs/madeinusa.shtml on etsy (and places such as these, please contact me if you're interested).

BTW, I do have some Westland shoes for resale - http://www.garbtheworld.com//instock/ca ... gory=Shoes, but had to find another supplier because Westland stopped responding to me (and hasn't send me my last order). The new supplier is WO Militaria and they claim on their site to have no child labour and no exploration (though I don't know how to actually check). The customer service is fantastic, prices are comparable but they charge shipping. But since they actually ship (and on time) I think that's worth it :P
Julia
Full Name: Julia Bailey

Re: Westland Crafts

Postby Vikingleather on Mon May 07, 2012 2:10 am

Greetings. We too struggled with the same dilemna. It would be great to be able to sell shoes from a US artisan, but most are not in the position to quickly fill orders, or do charge quite a bit more for their shoes and boots, making it very hard to resell them at a profit for us.

We have been resellers for Westland for several years now and have had varying results, of when the boots arrive. We have had very good luck over the past 10 months and have a very good relationship with Westland. We do stock over 800 pairs of shoes at any given time. If the shoe picture is on our website, it is in stock. The shoes look great, which keeps us going back for more. Very nice quality, and you can't beat the price. We do support some US makers of buckles and other cast items on our site. As well as supply our gear and goods to other vendors.

Frank
www.vikingleathercrafts.com
Vikingleather
Full Name: Frank Ireson

Previous

Return to General Chat