BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

From the Crimean War to the Wars in the Gulf. The death of global empires and the rise of a global economy.

Moderator: the_power

Re: BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

Postby rinuccini on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Did this guy ever spent any time on the Russian front?
If so.....do you think they will need any Red Army re-enactors....hint hint!!!

Envious?.......too bloody right!!! ;) ;) ;)
User avatar
rinuccini
Real Name: None Set
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ballyclare Co. Antrim
Karma: 6

Re: BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

Postby SS-Peiper on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:59 pm

rinuccini wrote:Did this guy ever spent any time on the Russian front?
If so.....do you think they will need any Red Army re-enactors....hint hint!!!

Envious?.......too bloody right!!! ;) ;) ;)



Hugh! Rochus Misch was the telephonist in the Fuhrurbunker at the fall of Berlin, I'm sure there will be a few Glorious Red Army guys knocking about the movie, unless Hollywood rewrite history again and have the U.S airbourne drop in and raise the stars and stripes on the Reichstag in front of the Russians ;) anything is plausible when it comes to making movies :lol:

Joe.
SS-Rottenfuhrer Josef Duffner
8 Kompanie
Wartime Living History Association (WLHA)
www.wartimeliving.co.uk
User avatar
SS-Peiper
Full Name: Joe Duffin
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Bangor, County Down
Karma: 3

Re: BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

Postby rinuccini on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:28 pm

SS-Peiper wrote:
rinuccini wrote:Did this guy ever spent any time on the Russian front?
If so.....do you think they will need any Red Army re-enactors....hint hint!!!

Envious?.......too bloody right!!! ;) ;) ;)



Hugh! Rochus Misch was the telephonist in the Fuhrurbunker at the fall of Berlin, I'm sure there will be a few Glorious Red Army guys knocking about the movie, unless Hollywood rewrite history again and have the U.S airbourne drop in and raise the stars and stripes on the Reichstag in front of the Russians ;) anything is plausible when it comes to making movies :lol:

Joe.


After the Film U152 anything is possible!!

In that film an American submarine captures the German enigma codes? At the end of the film a disclaimer comes up on the screen stating that during WW2 the enigma codes were infact captured by a Royal Navy destroyer and not a US submarine after all.

If they want to sell this film to the US market you could well see the 82nd landing in Berlin, shooting Hitler, followed at the end by a similar disclaimer stating the it was the Red Army that actually captured Berlin, but this made a much better story :D

Anyway.....the flag's ready to go, all we need is a ticket to Berlin and to talk Frank O'D into balancing precariously on the roof of the Reichstag ;)
User avatar
rinuccini
Real Name: None Set
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ballyclare Co. Antrim
Karma: 6

Re: BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

Postby knightofredemption on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:04 pm

As promised topic cleaned and re opened.

Paul

(moderation without prejudice or bias)
Everything in moderation, including Moderation.
User avatar
knightofredemption
Site Admin
Full Name: Paul Wickham
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Ballyconnell, Cavan
Karma: 24

Re: BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

Postby Zip on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:56 am

knightofredemption wrote:As promised topic cleaned and re opened.

Paul

(moderation without prejudice or bias)


You did what you had to do.
Last edited by Zip on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zip
Full Name: Joe Dunne.
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:44 pm
Location: Cork City
Karma: -15

Re: BAttle group south / Die Grupp film in Germany

Postby Tychsen on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 pm

A good move which I fully support , respect for the Impartial actions of the Mod. :)
Tychsen
Full Name: James Stewart
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 9:04 pm
Karma: 14

Previous

Return to 20th Century

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron