Das Reich Ireland

From the Crimean War to the Wars in the Gulf. The death of global empires and the rise of a global economy.

Moderator: the_power

Re: Das Reich Ireland

Postby Kurt Steiner on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Connelius,

Would just like to welcome you to the 20th century re-enactment scene.

Hope to see you and the guys at an event in the near future.

Regards,
Ray.
Kurt Steiner
Full Name: Raymond Ryder

Postby rommel on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 am

Con
yuo and the lads will be more than welcome to travel to Normandy with us in the groups vehicles , ask any of the lads from our own group and from the other groups who came with us on the previous trips , great week in store . plenty room for ye .
Bookings taken in January . We had 15 lads travelled this year and we took the kubel 4 outfits and the truck (Borgward ). We did the tour of all the spots and had a really great time , the week immediately following Duncannon , sailed out of Rosslare and into Cherbourg
So between now and then we can make plans :) :)
Rommel
Irelands largest German military vehicle and reenactments group

http://www.panzergrenadier.net/images/bannerhome.gif
rommel
Active Newbie
Full Name: joe o toole

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi Conn

Whilst at Detling at the weekend I have been told that the French authorities are taking a firmer approach to people dressed in German / axis and indeed even Allied uniforms as there have been in recent past people wearing uniforms in public places which has caused offence . From what i gather even vehicles had to have their insignia covered up incase it would cause offence.

If you wish to go to Normandy i would certainly recommend that you contact Manny Trainor who organises one of the best Mainland European events although it is FJR AS Waffen SS IS CERTAINLY NOT PERMITTED and would lead you into conflict with the French authorities if you dressed as SS . I can send you his details if you require them

James / tychsen on the UK based panzergrenadier forum is an old hand at visiting mainland europe Normandy being a particular favourite of his and he will be in a good position to advise you of travel details and schedules . I can send you his details if you require them .

Remember it is illegal to display the certain Third Reich emblems and insignia any where in France as well as several other mainland European countries so always respect as Martin / Nerva would perchance say . When in Rome do as we Romans would do.
ALWAYS RESPECT THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE VISITING

I trust that this advice may be of some use to you in your plans for a Normandy visit , there is a strong possibility that several of us will be visiting Normandy then the Channel Islands across from St Malo this forth coming year although casually dressed but we can chat about that when we chat next .
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby PanzerMeyer on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Con , we have already got the new the new French Laws on CD from our contact in France in the Justice Dept . Nothing too much to worry about , just follow the laws and there will not be a problem . This should not pose any problems as you guys will be travelling over with us next year anyway . Good luck with your training weekend and talk to you soon .
PanzerMeyer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Justin Horgan

Postby templarcommander on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks for all the info. really appreciate it. We will be going in civies, so i think unless we get totally wasted we should be ok :-), re the law.
It is great that so many other groups are going to pay their respects. Hope to meet some of you. PanzerMeyer thank you for the offer of transport, but we are going to make a family thing of it as well. I don't think my son Alexander who is now 7 weeks old and getting stronger by the minute, would fill even the smallest Waffen SS uniform :-)
Soon enough though. Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it. He is looking great in his Templar tunic though.
Thanks for the info once again.
Kindest Regards,
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam..
Cornelius
templarcommander
Active Newbie

Postby Na Fianna Éireann on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Best way conn always respect the laws of the land you are in . ;)
Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe Neart inár Láimhe Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga.
Na Fianna Éireann
Active Newbie
Full Name: i never forget

Postby PanzerMeyer on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

No bother Con , when we spoke you only mentioned travelling with your men not the whole family .When it is with the family then it is a complete different thing , not to worry we can meet up over there anyway .I have tons of maps and info on the best sites from our numerous trips there so if you want material just let me know .How is the training coming along ? , you missed a super show in Dublin .This was by far the biggest and best German turn out to date on this Island .All the major German clubs North and South were there , Die Gruppe , WLHA , Schnell gruppe Nord and Battlegroupsouth . It was a super site to see everybody working together , even the Allies looked good , ha ha .
PanzerMeyer
Active Newbie
Full Name: Justin Horgan

Previous

Return to 20th Century