A&A Sword

England from the Tudors to the Stewarts, Flight of the Irish Earls, the Discovery of the Americas and Global Trade

Moderator: the_power

Re: A&A Sword

Postby Stephen Curtin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 am

Hey Kevin glad you decided to go with the counter curved guard. I think it adds a bit more flare to an already nice piece, be sure to post more pics when you get the chance.
Stephen Curtin
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stephen Curtin

Postby kevin714 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:43 am

Stephen Curtin wrote:Hey Kevin glad you decided to go with the counter curved guard. I think it adds a bit more flare to an already nice piece, be sure to post more pics when you get the chance.

Thanks Stephen, it was your comment that convinced me to do it.

Did you see my other post on O'Conor's shield? I know you do alot of research similiar to mine, have you ever come across anything on it?
Kevin Patrick Molloy
"The Prince of Firceall of the ancient sword is O'Molloy of the freeborn name, full power was granted to him and he held his country uncontrolled" O'Dugain(d.1372 AD)
kevin714
Active Newbie
Full Name: Kevin Molloy

Postby kevin714 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 am

Stephen Curtin wrote:Hey Kevin glad you decided to go with the counter curved guard. I think it adds a bit more flare to an already nice piece, be sure to post more pics when you get the chance.

Here is some more, it still needs the hilt bluing.
Attachments
GetAttachment-17.aspx.jpeg
GetAttachment-17.aspx.jpeg (4.83 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
GetAttachment-16.aspx.jpeg
GetAttachment-16.aspx.jpeg (4.26 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
GetAttachment-15.aspx.jpeg
GetAttachment-15.aspx.jpeg (3.1 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Kevin Patrick Molloy
"The Prince of Firceall of the ancient sword is O'Molloy of the freeborn name, full power was granted to him and he held his country uncontrolled" O'Dugain(d.1372 AD)
kevin714
Active Newbie

Postby Stephen Curtin on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:19 am

Hey Kev, sorry for the lateness of my reply, but I haven't been around here in a while, and thanks for posting those pics, it really is a nice sword and as is the scian A & A did for you aswell.

As for the shield you mentioned (sorry moderators, I dont have time to post this on the other topic) I'm sorry but this is the first I've heard of it, but I think it would have been more like a viking shield than a targe, as it might be a bit early for these, though I could be way off here.
Stephen Curtin
Active Newbie
Full Name: Stephen Curtin

Postby kevin714 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks for the reply. Here is the finished sword but I haven't finished paying it off yet so I don't have it in hand. Should only be 2 more payments.
Attachments
malloyIrswd.jpg
malloyIrswd.jpg (33.55 KiB) Viewed 2190 times
Kevin Patrick Molloy
kevin714
Active Newbie

Previous

Return to Early Modern